Are you one of those people who are conscious of fine lines appearing on their face? Does it make you look older than you are? Do you wish to iron out these creases just like you do so with clothes? Only if it was as easy as ironing them out.
Luckily there are such procedure, non-surgical, that can help you smoothen these fine lines and creases. Juvederm is one of such procedures that isn’t surgical and can easily help you smoothen out the skin. Keeping on reading and we will tell you everything you need to know about Juverderm and its benefits.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is a type of injectable dermal filler which is hyaluronic-acid based. They provide treatment for moderate to severe wrinkles and creases. Juvederm have a smoother consistency gel. The hyaluronic acid is a sugar that occurs naturally in the body. It holds in the water at injection site and provides a cushion. This adds volume and gives the skin a smoother appearance.
Types of Juvederm
- Juvederm Voluma XC – this type of filler adds volume under the skin surface to give your cheeks a fuller look.
- Juvederm Vollure XC and Juverderm XC – this type is injected in the facial tissue to treat the fine line and wrinkles that are moderate to severe
- Juvederm Volbells XC – this type is used for lip augmentation and treating the hollows under the eyes.
How does Juvederm work?
As mentioned above the magic in Juvederm is the hyaluronic acid. This is responsible for stimulating the production of connective tissue that in turn is accountable for the collagen. When you age, the production of hyaluronic acid and collagen falls, hence the skin appears to be saggier and prominent lines start to appear.
Before starting the procedure, the areas that need to be treated are marked with a pen. The doctor then injects the Juvederm in that area. He also gently massages the area to make sure the injectable is evenly distributed and to reduce the chances of swelling. The procedure takes anywhere between 15-60 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
For those of you who are worried of the pain during the procedure, you should know that the Juvederm injection contain a small amount of pain-reducing medicine known as lidocaine. This minimizes the pain and also makes it go away rapidly.
What are the benefits of Juvederm?
Here are some amazing benefits of getting Juvederm for fine lines and creases.
- It is a non-surgical procedure to get rid of fine lines, wrinkles and folds in your skin.
- Juvederm has amazing results. Each year, more than two million Americans get Juvederm done. The patient satisfaction rate for this procedure is very high.
- Since this procedure has been approved by FDA, the risk involved is very low. The reason for this being that it relies on a naturally occurring substance so the chances of an infection or allergy are pretty low.
- Juvederm is best suitable to treat creases that are moderate to severe. So you don’t need to worry about those deeper lines.
- The results last for about 18 months.
What to expect after a Juvederm procedure?
After having the procedure, you should strictly adhere to the doctor’s instructions. The common things you need to avoid within the first 24 hours are doing any heavy exercise, sun exposure and consumption of alcoholic drinks.
If you are not careful, you might experience redness, swelling and itching at injection site.
What are the possible side effects of Juvederm?
Any medical procedure be it surgical or not, has it side effects. The possible side effects of a Juvederm procedure include:
- Mild pain
These are some very common side effects that usually recede in two to four weeks. The more serious side effects are caused mainly due to unprofessional handling which can lead to very serious problems like permanent scarring, stroke, visual abnormalities etc.
Juvederm is the most popular and commonly used dermal fillers with incredible results. Your deep fine lines would smoothen as if they have been ironed. Juvederm injections do much more than help with your aging signs; they are also suitable for lip augmentation and filling in your cheeks. But getting yourself treated by an authentic and professional doctor is very important. If you end up in the wrong hands, a treatment as easy as Juvederm could prove to be life-threatening.
Choose your doctor wisely and enjoy smooth, wrinkle-free skin.