How does Botox help reduce frown lines, forehead creases, crow’s feet, and thick bands in the neck?
It is the most popular, non-surgical cosmetic treatment all over the world. It’s one of the safest cosmetic procedures available today. It has a success rate of well over 99 % and treats a surprising range of cosmetic and medical conditions. Also, It is most commonly used to reduce or remove frown lines, forehead creases, crow’s feet near the eyes, lines on the upper lip and thick bands in the neck. It temporarily blocks nerve impulses that activate muscle contractions and cause wrinkles. This gives the skin a smooth, relaxed, and refreshed look.
Botox was once aimed primarily at women, but men are increasingly interested in enjoying the benefits of a smoother, younger-looking face. Since 2000, the number of men receiving injections has increased by well over 300 percent.
- This treatment offers a number of advantages for women and men seeking wrinkle reduction.
- It’s a trusted therapeutic choice used by millions for true anti-aging results.
- It has been used safely and successfully for wrinkle therapy for over 21 years.
- Botox is a purified protein which is safely metabolized by the body.
- There is no permanent side effect known with BOTOX therapy for facial wrinkles.
- There is no downtime with this procedure.
- The appointments are short, and you are fine to carry on with your day as normal, no one will be able to tell you had it done.
- It allows for natural movement of the face.
- Results last 3-4 months and even longer with repeated use.
- Botox has therapeutic uses and is not just a cosmetic agent.
- If you clench and grind excessively Botox can impair your ability to perform these habits, saving your teeth and relaxing your tense facial muscles. People who suffer from headaches are getting relief with Botox, the occurrence and severity of their headaches significantly diminish.
BOTOX for Fine lines & Wrinkles
Botox treatment uses to relax the muscles in the face that produce fine lines and wrinkles and to stop further deepening of lines. It is a simple 10-minute procedure, with a few tiny Botox injections directly into the muscles we want to treat. There is an art to Botox therapy, to achieve the best and most natural-looking results the Botox must be placed in the right muscle, in the correct place, at a perfect dose, and by an experienced doctor. The most common areas we treat with Botox are the frown lines, or ‘grumpy lines’, the horizontal ‘worry’ lines on the forehead, and the ‘crows feet’ around the eyes.
What Areas Can Be Enhanced through Botox Treatment?
This treatment targeted the Lines and wrinkles on the upper face, including frown lines (between the eyes), ‘Crow’s Feet’ (lines on the sides of the eyes) and horizontal brow lines. Botox can also be used to slightly upturn the mouth corners, reduce ‘bunny posture’ lines, modify eyebrow shape, soften lip lines and smooth chin. Botox can decrease neck bands and jowls and slim down a wide jaw. It can be used to stop imprudent sweating of the armpits or the palms of the hands. Botox is even used to treat migraines. Botox will not “freeze” your facial expressions because it only works where you want it too. Botox retains your natural look.
Things to be aware
Things to be aware of are:
- Bruising and slight tenderness at the site of a Botox injection which may occur but will quickly settle over a few days.
- Very rarely do Botox migrate and cause unwanted weakness in nearby muscles.
- After frown and forehead injections there can be the temporary heaviness of an eyelid or eyebrow, lasting 2 to 3 weeks.
- Rarely temporary double vision and dry eyes have been described after a Botox treatment for crow’s feet.
- Neck weakness and difficulty swallowing or speaking have been reported with high-dose treatment of the neck. High doses of Botox around the lips may prevent whistling or drink through a straw for generally only a week or so.
- You may experience reduced bite strength after Botox treatment of the jaw muscles.
Who is best suited to this treatment?
Both men and women can benefit from a Botox treatment. People who dislike the results of aging on their face, or have a stressed, cross, or tired look due to fine lines and wrinkles will find this procedure very useful.
How long does it take to see results?
Normally the outbreak occurs after a few days of having a Botox treatment, with maximal results seen after one week. Botox effects normally last 3 to 4 months with the first treatment, but often these results last even longer following several treatments.
BOTOX treatment safety
Botox has a very good track record of safety in over 20 years of clinical use and now tens of thousands of US citizens are having repeated Botox wrinkle treatments each year. Interestingly, it is now commonly used in a large number of medical specialties such as treating the unstable bladder and in treating cerebral palsy where much greater units of Botox are very safely injected.